Tonfiskröra is a Swedish recipe that literally translates to tuna stir (or maybe tuna mix). There are many different variations, some that are spicy (adding cayenne pepper or similar) some that are sweet and some that swap out the tuna for other seafood (particularly shrimp or smoked salmon). This one is my favourite but please feel free to experiment!
- 3 x 60g cans of tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons full fat greek yoghurt
- 1 heaped teaspoon horseradish (or more if you dare)
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- fresh dill
Throw it all in a bowl and you guessed it – STIR!!
As you can see I serve it with fresh cherry tomatoes and snap peas but it’s nice with pretty much anything. Wrapped in lettuce, used as a dip. Whatever. This recipe is enough to for a half-swedish family of four who all love it – you might want to try it with just one can until you’re sure if the flavours are to your liking 🙂